September 25, 2020
New York State has released new guidelines for visitation in all nursing homes statewide. They are summarized here for your convenience. A link to the actual guidance is provided at the end of this summary. The nursing home at Kendal at Ithaca is comprised of three neighborhoods named Owasco, Cayuga and Seneca, but is collectively known as Taughannock House.
New Guidelines for Taughannock House Visitation
- ALL visitors now must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within the previous seven (7) days when being screened to enter the facility.
- The number of visitors for each resident must not exceed two (2) people at any given time.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are now prohibited.
- The number of visitors at any given time may not exceed 10% of the resident census. At this time, the total number of visitors in Taughannock House may not exceed four (4) people at any one time.
- Should the facility have a positive COVID-19 employee/resident; the facility must wait fourteen (14) days without a single positive before restarting visitation.
- Residents may now participate in small group activities (not to exceed ten (10) total individuals) while maintaining social distancing.
The entire guidance can be found at https://health.ny.gov/facilities/nursing/docs/2020-09-15_nursing_facility_visitation.pdf