Philanthropy has played a key role in the development of the Kendal organization.
Indeed, the Kendal story began with a gift and this spirit of generosity continues to characterize life in Kendal at Ithaca. Our Kendal system motto, “Together, transforming the experience of aging”, has inspired us to create a Philanthropy Committee at Kendal at Ithaca.
The committee involves representation from the Board of Trustees, administration, and the Residents’ Association. Having broad and multiple perspectives helps identify more opportunities. By having a single committee, we hope to advance the concept of ONE KENDAL as we work together to make a difference.
Contribute to the Growth and Success of Kendal at Ithaca
Springing from our strong belief that if Kendal will be a good place to live it must be a good place to work, opportunities for giving benefit both the residents and the staff. In addition, there are outright gifts to benefit community not-for-profit agencies that provide services, and charitable gift annuities which provide opportunities for anyone wishing to support Kendal and benefit personally. Relatives and friends who recognize the quality of the care their loved one received will often make charitable donations.
Charitable Giving Options
Outright Gifts of Cash or Securities
An outright gift in the form of cash or securities permits an immediate federal income tax deduction. Gifts of long-term appreciated securities may offer additional benefits.
You may wish to make a contribution in honor of someone of significance to you and the community. Perhaps it is a friend, neighbor or someone who has served the community as a board or staff member. All gifts will be acknowledged and recognized.
Many corporations match gifts to charitable institutions made by employees; some will match the gifts of employee spouses and retired employees as well. Contact your personnel office for information about your employer’s matching-gift program.
- Rainy Day Fund – This fund is available primarily to provide subsidies for monthly fees should residents outlive their own resources.
- Memorials and Gifts – This Residents’ Association committee welcomes gifts and other donations which will enhance life in the Kendal community. Opportunities may include endowments for concerts or lectures, purchase of unusual items for the health or community center, additions to the grounds such as memorial benches or sculpture.
- Employee Futures Fund – This fund was developed jointly by the Philanthropy Committee and Human Resources Committee of Kendal at Ithaca to provide educational grants to employees furthering their careers in health care and senior living. It is awarded annually. The residents’ Downsizing Assistance Committee held money in reserve for a ‘scholarship’ fund and also continues to raise funds for the Employee Futures Fund.
- Thanksgiving Fund – The Residents’ Interfaith Activities Committee conducts an annual drive that is shared by two non-profit groups in the Ithaca Community. The groups are chosen annually by resident votes.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – Anyone can establish a charitable gift annuity using cash, stocks or real estate to benefit Kendal at Ithaca while ensuring a lifetime return of income from Kendal at Ithaca.
- If you would like to donate to the Kendal staff support options directly you can do that here: https://givebutter.com/KendalatIthaca.
Get more information
Questions about any of these opportunities can be directed to email@example.com.