Your health and well-being matter to us.
Kendal offers a competitive wage and benefit package:
- Health Insurance, affordable premiums with first dollar coverage
- Health Insurance includes Telemedicine for access to health care while traveling
- Supplemental Insurance: Critical Illnesses, Hospitalization, and Accident/Injury
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- NYS Disability Insurance
- Shift Differentials
- Continuous Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (401a)
- Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Employee Assistance Program available 24/7/365
- Employee Service Awards
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Sign-on Bonus for eligible positions
- On-site Child Day Care for children ages 8 weeks to 36 months (fee-for-service basis, dependent upon availability)
- Use of Onsite Wellness Facilities
- Relationship-building with residents who are lifelong learners
Here at Kendal at Ithaca, we prioritize creating a fun and lively workplace alongside achieving our goals.
That’s why we have an awesome Employee Events Committee that plans all sorts of exciting events that bring our team together and build lasting friendships. From movie nights to potlucks and everything in between, we’re always looking for new ideas and fresh faces to join our committee. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s have some fun!
We believe that for Kendal to be a good place to live, it needs to be a good place to work. These resources support staff to achieve work-life balance:
- Immediate access to miles of walking trails
- Swimming pool and spa
- Tennis courts
- Onsite weight training and cardio workout facilities
- Free exercise classes such as Bootcamp and Strong (aerobics)
- Healthy Heart Meal available at low cost (lunch or dinner)
- Library for learning and relaxation
- Wellness program for Staff enrolled in our health insurance
Interested in Kendal at Ithaca?
At Kendal, love is made visible through service. As we care for residents and each other, we strive to put into practice the Quaker belief that each of us is responsible for making the world a better place. Community is a two-way street here, as residents support staff to learn and grow. We say we are “Kendalizing” when we grow more kind, respectful and aware of our impact on others.
Investing in Staff
We believe staff do their best when they’re given tools that can be used at work and at home. Kendal’s commitment to continuing development includes:
- Continuous Professional Development through in-person and virtual learning management systems trainings
- Kendal Leadership Fellows, a system-wide leadership development program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for off-site education, including conferences and workshops
- Access to Kendal’s library including books, music and films
- The ability to serve on committees and develop public speaking and leadership skills.
Meet Zoe, one of Kendal’s dedicated Licensed Practical Nurses. Since joining our team in 2020, Zoe has been an outstanding member of our community, providing exceptional care to our residents. Her passion for nursing has led her to pursue higher education, and she is currently a recipient of our Employee Future Fund scholarship. Zoe is set to graduate in 2024 with her associate degree in biology from TC3 and plans to pursue an accelerated BSN program to become an RN. We are incredibly proud of Zoe’s commitment to her education and grateful to have her on the team!
The Employee Futures Fund is a scholarship program, funded by Kendal residents, board members, and other generous donors, for employees committed to pursuing or continuing educational programs in aging services.
JoAnn has been a Licensed Practical Nurse at Kendal since 2007, Employee Future Fund grant recipient since 2021, and aspires to obtain her RN next! “I am so grateful for the Employee Futures Fund- without it I would not be able to attend school at this point in my life, also I am thankful for Kendal working with me and being flexible to accommodate my course work.”
Kori has been a Licensed Practical Nurse at Kendal since 2021, Employee Future Fund grant recipient since 2022, and aspires to obtain her RN next! “I’ve been inspired by the many wonderful RNs in my life, but my biggest inspiration has been my daughter. She inspires me to be better!”
Megan has been a team member of the Human Resources Department since 2021, Employee Futures Fund grant recipient since 2022, and will be graduating with her Master’s degree in HR at the end of 2023. “My educational focus is on Staffing and Training, which I have enjoyed having the ability for real-time application of concepts learned while in my role as Workforce Development and Engagement Specialist.”
Opportunities in Nursing
Meet Brittany, our dedicated Overnight RN Supervisor in the Health Services department. She joined Kendal at Ithaca in September 2018, immediately after passing her LPN boards, and has since grown into a leadership role with us. One of her favorite perks is our tuition assistance program, which she believes is essential in an ever-changing field. Brittany has already earned her RN licensure, received leadership development, and is now setting her sights on a BSN. When asked about her experience at Kendal, Brittany had this to say: “Kendal is truly one of a kind. You come to work every day feeling valued as part of the team.” We’re grateful to have you on our team, Brittany!
Inclusion and Diversity
At Kendal, we realize that the world is changing and employee needs are changing. We strive to meet those needs through ongoing education, resources, support, and encouragement. We strive to create a community where people of diverse backgrounds and points of view are welcomed and valued.
Kendal’s Inclusion and Diversity Committee includes residents, board members and staff. Kendal is a member of the Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County, dedicated to helping workplaces improve the experience of all workers.
Take a look at our current career opportunities. You might find the perfect fit for you!