A Good Place to Live, a Good Place to Work
To be a good place to live, Kendal needs to be a good place to work, which means supporting staff development. Kendal managers strive to promote qualified staff from within. In addition, some staff grow by earning credentials and taking positions in different departments, such as dining or housekeeping staff who have become Certified Nursing Assistants.
Kendal management and residents believe education is a tool to build a better future. Our Values and Standards state, “A distinctive feature of our education programs is their attention to the employee as a whole person.” For that reason, we help staff develop communication, conflict resolution, and stress management skills as well as department-specific skills. For the many staff who use computers here, we provide ongoing training in our computer lab. Our Staff Development Manager works closely with staff serving on the Education Committee to determine priorities. Kendal’s commitment to continuing development includes:
- On-site classes presented in a variety of formats (live discussion, lecture, role play, teleconferences, webinars, e-learning programs, self-paced tutorials).
- Foundations of Supervision, a first-level leadership development program.
- Kendal Leadership Fellows, a systemwide leadership development program.
- A tuition reimbursement program.
- Opportunities for off-site education, including conferences and workshops.
- The ability to serve on committees and develop public speaking and leadership skills.
- Access to the Kendal Library, including periodicals such as The Wall Street Journal and New York Times as well as books, music and films.
Interested? Check out our current job listings.