August 12, 2021 —Kendal at Ithaca is committed to ensuring a safe and COVID free environment for the residents we serve and our staff members. To honor this commitment, effective August 5, 2021, all prospective residents are required to be fully vaccinated (two weeks post final dose) prior to taking up residence at Kendal at Ithaca. Residents will also be expected to maintain current vaccination consistent with CDC and FDA recommendations. This requirement will help us sustain our herd immunity, which increases our probabilities of remaining a COVID free environment.
- Prior to contract signing, the Director of Marketing will inquire about the vaccination status of the prospective resident if it is not already known.
- If the resident is vaccinated, Admissions will request proof of the vaccination as part of the Admissions process. Acceptable proof would be the actual vaccination card or an Excelsior pass.
- Proof of vaccination will be kept in the resident’s medical records in Residents’ Care.
- If a prospective resident is unvaccinated, arrangements for vaccination will be made through Residents’ Care.
- While Kendal at Ithaca is mandating as a condition of residence that all prospective residents are required to be vaccinated, Kendal will also offer reasonable accommodations for protected reasons consistent with the EEOC guidance.