April 29, 2020 —Today the Governor instituted new measures to strengthen the fight against COVID-19. It’s called “New York on PAUSE”, Policies to Assure the Uniform Safety of Everyone. This guidance specifically requires anyone over the age of 70 to stay inside their home. Kendal at Ithaca is limiting access to the campus. Only residents, staff and direct caregivers will be allowed on campus.
More distancing for persons over 70 years of age
- All group activities are cancelled. The library, pool, fitness center will remain open as long as the distances between persons can be maintained at 6 feet or more. Take all reasonable steps to minimize contact with others
- Beauty Shop – Is closed until further notice
- Screening -Everyone entering the Community enter will be screened daily – residents, staff and caregivers. Visitors are strongly discouraged, and must go directly to a residence if they are on campus.
- Name Tags – All residents and staff must wear their nametags for identification purposes
- Masks – All staff will be wearing masks whenever they are within 6 feet of residents.
Meal service will continue as currently offered: Take-out breakfast from the Café for staff and residents; delivery only for lunch and dinner for residents; take-out lunch and dinner from the Café for staff. The expedited meal plan change service and the second meal program remain in effect.
Please watch TouchTown (channel 13 or 1340) on your television for updates. Persons not residing at Kendal at Ithaca can access the information through the residents’ website: kaires.kendal.org. Under the main Menu, scroll down to KAI TV 13/1340
All notices will be posted on the COVID-19 Communication Board outside of Windows, emailed to residents, posted on the Administration’s bulletin board and provided in hard copy at the Reception Desk. They will also be sent to All Ithaca Users.
The Declaration included a 100% Workforce reduction for all non-essential workers. All Kendal at Ithaca staff are considered to be essential, so will not be impacted by this.