Designed to Help You Stay Well
Kendal at Ithaca’s health care programs are designed to help you stay well and maintain your highest level of self-care and independence. Our health care goals are to establish a sense of well being among all residents and to deliver the finest of services — in the convenient and congenial surroundings of your own community.
Our full continuum of health care for life allows people to face the realities of aging in a positive way, rather than from the viewpoint of illness or disability. Each person benefits from a coordinated approach by our health care team, which consists of physicians, nurse practitioner, nursing staff, social workers, psychologist and physical, occupational, and speech therapists. The resident is a member of the health care team and an active participant in all health care decisions. Services covered by the Standard Contract include:
- Coordinated, individualized health care program, providing a continuum of care on site for the life of each resident
- Resident Care Clinic offering preventive health services and dispensing prescriptions
- Enhanced Assisted Living Residence and skilled nursing care on site
- 24 hour a day emergency call system in cottages and apartments
- Provision without additional charge of prescription medications listed on our formulary
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy on site
- Local medical transportation
- Processing of Medicare and supplemental insurance forms
- Provision of transportation back to Ithaca if resident becomes ill while traveling in the continental United States, Canada or Mexico.
A full explanation of benefits can be seen in the Life Care Contract.
The Health Center is a part of the Community Center, allowing Health Center residents easy access to community activities. Health Center residents have private rooms and baths and bring their own furniture and favorite possessions. Kendal’s noninstitutional design enhances the quality of everyday life: floors are carpeted, there is no public address system, and visiting is not restricted by established hours. Making the decision to move to the Health Center is a team process, and each resident is assured of full partnership in the making of such a decision.
Your health care services are covered by the entry fee and ongoing monthly fees. You are required to maintain Medicare A and B or the equivalent, plus a Medigap insurance policy. Kendal provides the services of a medical insurance clerk who will process your claims and answer questions about benefits. Kendal offers assistance in evaluating your insurance coverage during the admissions process.